VA Conference Secretary of
The Reading Program is to encourage United Women In Faith:
to expand understanding of participation in God's mission;
to increase sensitivity to all human beings--their needs, interests, and contemporary life;
to encourage critical thinking about issues facing humanity today;
to grow in understanding of scripture as it relates to Christian faith in contemporary life;
to enhance self-knowledge and to act from that knowledge;
to strengthen involvement in local and global Christian mission.
The national office recommends a diverse range of books with the intention of broadening exposure to a variety of concepts.
The national office does not intend that you accept each word or idea contained within each volume.
Some books you may agree with. Some you may not. Either is all right.
At the least you know the national office cares and wants you to be a knowledgeable and caring Christian about the issues of the day.
Virginia Conference Lending Library rules for borrowing books
1. Borrow 5 books for a 6-week period. Please return promptly so that others may have a chance to read the books.
2. Pay the postage to and from the Lending Library.
Due to postal regulations concerning media mail you will need to make two mailings when returning your books.
Mail books in one envelope and the postage due amount for the books being returned in another envelope.
Make checks payable to Cheryl Johnson.
Do not send money in the same envelope as used for books.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND STAMPS.
3. When returning books, mark package Media Mail and return to the address below.
4. If it is necessary to keep a book past the due date, please call or email and the due date will be extended for 1 month.
5. In event a book is lost, the person requesting the book is responsible for cost of replacing it.
6. Books may be ordered using the Lending Library Request Form or by emailing Cheryl Johnson, giving your name, address, phone #, church and district. Please note if you do not want substitutes.